Cannabis-Infused Tomato Soup
Cannabis-infused recipes have gained popularity in recent years, offering a unique twist to classic dishes.
In this recipe, we will explore how to prepare a delectable cannabis tomato soup. The combination of ripe tomatoes, aromatic herbs, and a touch of cannabis will create a flavorful and comforting soup. Please note that the consumption of cannabis should be done responsibly and in accordance with Oklahoma Laws.
– 4 large tomatoes, ripe and juicy
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused butter (adjust the potency to your preference)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Optional toppings: croutons, grated cheese, fresh basil leaves
– To infuse the butter with cannabis, you’ll need to decarboxylate your cannabis beforehand. Grind the desired amount of cannabis and spread it evenly on a baking sheet. Bake it in the oven at 240°F (115°C) for 40-50 minutes. This step activates the THC in the cannabis.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the decarboxylated cannabis to the melted butter and stir well. Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer to remove the plant material. Let the infused butter cool and solidify before use.
2. Preparing the soup:
– Start by blanching the tomatoes. Score a small “X” on the bottom of each tomato and place them in a pot of boiling water for about 1 minute. Remove them and transfer to an ice bath to cool. Peel off the skin and dice the tomatoes, discarding the core.
– In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they become translucent and aromatic.
– Add the diced tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, and dried thyme to the pot. Stir well to combine the flavors and cook for 5 minutes.
– Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
– After the soup has simmered, use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids.
– Return the soup to the pot and add the cannabis-infused butter. Stir well to combine and allow the butter to melt into the soup. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
– Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper according to your preference.
3. Serving the cannabis tomato soup:
– Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with optional toppings such as croutons, grated cheese, or fresh basil leaves.
– Serve the soup hot and enjoy its rich flavors and subtle cannabis infusion.
This cannabis-infused tomato soup is a delightful twist on a classic recipe. The combination of ripe tomatoes, fragrant herbs, and a touch of cannabis creates a flavorful and comforting dish. Remember to consume cannabis responsibly, adhere to Oklahoma City Laws regulations, and be mindful of the potency of your infused ingredients. Enjoy this soup with friends or as a relaxing treat for yourself. If you have any questions please come into any Fire Leaf Dispensary in the Oklahoma City Metro Area.